Mar 18 2014, 03:00 AM by Nolan Wilson
It is becoming abundantly clear that companies need to change their approach to marketing – outbound is out and inbound is in. With consumers becoming savvier to traditional marketing tactics, it is clear they are no longer buying what companies are selling with their outbound campaigns.
With this shift in approach to inbound marketing comes with it a need to focus more on content development and creating content to feed inbound campaigns to provide value to customers and keep them coming back time and time again.
7 Content Ideas to Fuel Your Inbound Marketing Strategy
Think of your inbound marketing strategy as a vehicle and your content as the fuel that makes it run effectively. Successful campaigns always keep the tank full of fuel by offering their customers high quality and diverse content across multiple touch points online.
To keep your inbound marketing strategy well stocked with content to engage users and nurture your relationship with customers, here are a seven effective ways to keep your content flowing:
- Blogging: While this may seem obvious, there are still thousands of companies that are not blogging and missing out on its SEO and inbound marketing benefits.
- Guest Bloggers: Who says you have to write all the content yourself? Guest blogging are a great option for adding another voice and perspective. However, make sure that you use bloggers who add value to your blog and can offer information that your users are interested in reading. Guest blogging for the sake of guest blogging will prove ineffective over time.
- Answer Questions: Your customers ask you questions all the time. Use these questions to create content. It is simple content to create. All you have to do is listen!
- Summary/Resource posts: If you find a blog post or article interesting, then it is likely your customers will as well. Keep a list of links to resource your readers would find interesting and put them into a summary post each month.
- Email Newsletters: Email newsletters are a great way to maintain regular contact with your blog subscribers. The content you can provide is endless – blog posts, promotions, news and announcements, and anything else you think is relevant.
- eBooks and How To Guides: If a blog post just won’t do a specific topic justice, then perhaps it makes sense to dig deeper into the topic and create an eBook or How To Guide.
- Fact Sheet/Checklists: Who doesn’t love fact sheets and checklists, right? They are multifunction, diverse, and you can use them for a variety of purposes - features, advantages, benefits, highlighting new products, and anything else you think your users would find interesting.
Don’t forget to get social and share all the great content you create for your inbound marketing campaign. Sharing will just help to extend the reach of your campaign that much further.
Posted in Tips & Resources, Benchmark Series & Contests
Post a new comment