Feb 25 2013, 06:00 AM by Andy Shore
There is a lot of new music I’m excited about right now. I shared a few such tracks to kick off this playlist. Then I put in one as a tribute to our latest series, Dream. Invest. Yield. The ABCs of DIY.
The rest is in honor of the Oscars. I picked some of my favorite and most memorable tracks from movies.
- “Entertainment” - Phoenix: When there’s a new song by this band for the first time in a few years, you put it on your playlist.
- “All The Time” - The Strokes: Another band I’m always excited to hear new music from.
- “Do Yourself A Favor” - Jamie Lidell: I had a lot of new music to be excited for. This is an early favorite off his new self-titled album.
- “I Got Mine” - The Black Keys: It was our
- “Johnny B. Goode” - Chuck Berry: I can’t hear this song without thinking of Michael J. Fox ripping this song up in Back to the Future.
- “Footloose” - Kenny Loggins: My best friend growing up had an older sister that made us watch this and Pretty Woman constantly.
- “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing” - Aerosmith: I consulted a friend on songs from movies and he said: “hear 3 notes and try not to picture animal crackers on Liv Tyler's midriff.” I can’t. Can you?
- “Gangsta’s Paradise” - Coolio: I Googled the best songs from movies and this was number 77 of 77 on one list. Too funny not to include. It also started a spiral of other funny/cheesy movie songs (but it’s not all of them). Fair warning.
- “Bohemian Rhapsody” - Queen: I don’t really need to make an excuse to put this song on a playlist. However, it’s also one of my favorite scenes from one of my favorite movies. Party time. Excellent.
- “Don’t You (Forget About Me)” - Simple Minds: I really hit my movie cheese wheel house here, you guys. Sorry, I’m not sorry. Consider this is me walking away with my fist in the air.
Posted in Tips & Resources, Current Events
Post a new comment