Frequently Asked Questions
was designed with your needs in mind. So, there is a good chance that you will find the answer to your question here. Plus, it is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Select a topic to start
Search by Topic
How do I create a CSV file?
To create a CSV file, you must use a text editor or a spreadsheet program, or export your contacts from an external program. Depending on how your email contact list is stored, you may be able to export a CSV file instead of having to create one from scratch. Most email clients such as Microsoft Outlook have an option to export to CSV format.
1) Format your header row according to the order in which you will input information about your contacts.
2) Following the order of your header row, input the data for your contacts, one entry per line. Any blank field must still be separated by a comma. For example:
John, Doe ,email@example.com
3) Save the file using a .csv file extension. Ex. 'contacts.csv'
The previous instructions apply to any text file editor, not just Notepad.
NOTE: The header row is not required. If you choose not to include this header row, you will be prompted to choose the headings during the upload process.
1) Format your header row.
The header row should be the top row of the spreadsheet.
2) Following the same order as your header row, input the data for your contacts.
Each contact should be on a separate row, and each field in a separate field to avoid unexpected contact information.
3) Save the file using a .csv extension. (.xls is also acceptable)
Mac Users: You must save your file with the file type CSV (Windows). If you do not, your file will be formatted incorrectly and will not upload properly.
More related questions