Frequently Asked Questions
was designed with your needs in mind. So, there is a good chance that you will find the answer to your question here. Plus, it is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Select a topic to start
Search by Topic
How do I import/upload a file of contact email addresses into Benchmark Email?
Benchmark Email supports Excel (.XLS or .XLSX), Comma Separated Value (.CSV), or Text (.TXT) file. To import or upload a file of email addresses into Benchmark Email follow the steps listed below:
To import contacts:
- Export your contacts (from your current application) and make sure that the file is saved as an .XLS, .XLSX, .CSV or .TXT file.
- Log into Benchmark Email and click on the Contacts tab
- Click Add Contacts to a List
- Select Import Contacts from a file option to import contacts from your file
- In Step 1, select the contact lists into which you want to import the contact
- In Step 2, browse and upload the file from your computer. You have to confirm with the terms of usage to continue
Note: If your header row was formatted incorrectly, the next page will allow you to select which columns correspond to which standard contact or custom fields. When finished, click Save & Next.
- In Step 3, The system will show your list in the Preview section. Match the Field Types for the columns/fields in your list. For instance, the First Name column in your list should be associated with 'First Name', Email with 'Contact Email' and phone number with 'Phone'.
- In Step 4, provide the details about how you have acquired this list. This will help us determine whether the list is genuine and not harvested or purchased. Click on 'Save & Next' and you will get a message that your list will be uploaded in a short while.
It takes approximately 15 minutes for your lists to be uploaded in the system. The steps are the same in case you save your file as Text (Tab Delimited) or Excel.
More related questions