Frequently Asked Questions
was designed with your needs in mind. So, there is a good chance that you will find the answer to your question here. Plus, it is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Select a topic to start
Search by Topic
Am I able to add a "Read More" link for articles to shorten my email?
When you see a "Read More" link in newsletters, generally the sender has created articles that are hosted on their own website and linking to them.
Steps to Take Before You Create a "Read More" Link
You will want to follow a few simple steps before you create the link that will direct readers to an entire article on a webpage.
- The rest of the article must already be available online somewhere.
- You may have chosen to upload the document into your Benchmark Email library. In this case, you can simply insert the link associated with that file directly into your campaign.
- You may be able to host the article on your own website without actually displaying it in your site's navigation. Check with your web developer regarding this.
- Copy the URL address for the article.
"Read More" Link Creation
For those articles that are stored on your website, you will need to follow these steps to create the "read more" link:
- Click on the Edit icon of the block where the Read More link will go.
- Click within the block of text to place the cursor where you want the link inserted.
- From the Insert Additional Elements of the left hand side and click the Insert Link icon.
Note: Click Document for files you've stored in Benchmark Email.
- In the box labelled Text to Display, type the words Read More, which will go into the email.
- Choose link type as Web Address.
- Now enter the URL in the second box. You can type it or paste it in.
- Click on the Update button.
- To save block, click Save.
- Click PREVIEW / TEST MAIL and test the link.
More related questions