Frequently Asked Questions
was designed with your needs in mind. So, there is a good chance that you will find the answer to your question here. Plus, it is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Select a topic to start
Search by Topic
Can I add a personalized greeting to my email?
You can now add a personalized greeting to your email. You can include the contact's first name, last name or both in the greeting. You can also provide an alternative text in case the contact details are not available.
To add a greeting:
- Click on the Edit icon of the section in which you wish to place the greeting.
- Within the section, click where exactly you would want the greeting to appear.
- Click on the greeting icon on the left in the "Insert Additional Elements" section.
- In the Primary Greeting, enter the salutation and select the contact attribute that you want to display.
The Alternative greeting is used when the above selected contact attribute does not have any value.
- Click on Update to set the greeting in the block.
- Click on the Save button to save your changes to the email.
You can now preview and check how the greeting would be displayed.
If you want to use the greeting in your Custom HTML, the tag is:
[Greeting:pretext="Dear" field="F" alttext="Hello"]
The "pretext" variable is to display the salutation
The "field" variable is to display the contact attribute where
"F" = First Name
"L" = Last Name
"FL" = First name + Last Name
The "alttext" variable is to display the alternative greeting in case the contact attribute does not have any value.
If you would like to personalize your emails using other attributes, please refer to this FAQ: http://www.benchmarkemail.com/help-FAQ/answer/Can-I-merge-information-like-the-contacts-name-to-personalize-the-email
More related questions