Frequently Asked Questions
was designed with your needs in mind. So, there is a good chance that you will find the answer to your question here. Plus, it is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Select a topic to start
Search by Topic
How do I make a clickable image link to a PDF document?
If you need to link an image with a PDF file, you will need to first ensure the file has been added to your Document Library.
Adding PDFs to the Document Library:
First, make sure you are in Step 4 of the email builder. Then follow these steps:
- Click the Edit icon located in the upper left hand corner of the section you want the PDF to be stored in.
- Select Document from the Insert Additional Elements toolbox located on the left side of your screen.
- Click Upload File.
- Locate the file and click Open.
Once the file has finished uploading, the window will disappear and a link for the uploaded file will be displayed in the block. Delete that link and follow the process below.
Linking a PDF file to an image:
- If you have followed the steps above, highlight and copy the link that was added to your campaign.
- If the file was previously added to the Document Library, click on Document from the Insert Additional Elements toolbox on the left side of your screen. From the list of documents available, right click the desired file and select Copy Shortcut / Copy Link Location.
- Double-click on the desired image. (If the image has not yet been inserted, select Image from the toolbox on the left hand side.)
- This will open the image editor window (shown below). Your image will show in the preview window. If no image has been added, you will be able to select an image on the left hand side from your gallery or by adding a new image from the options at the top of the window (outlined in red).
- Paste the document link into the Link URL field on the right (outlined in red). It is recommended that you add an image title and caption as well, which will increase the likelihood of your subscribers clicking on your image.
- Click Insert to complete the process.
- Make sure to also click Save for the section as well as the Save button at the top of your campaign to ensure all edits have been successfully saved.
More related questions