Frequently Asked Questions
was designed with your needs in mind. So, there is a good chance that you will find the answer to your question here. Plus, it is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Select a topic to start
Search by Topic
I want to begin collecting email addresses. What should I do?
To successfully build a permission-based email
list, you will want to take note of the following suggestions:
- Make it easy for people to sign up for your newsletter. Place a signup form on every page of your website. Don't skimp and simply put it on your home page. Build one that matches the theme of your site and place the code on every page that your customers and potential customers may stumble upon.
- Use the forward-to-a-friend link in your campaigns. This will encourage existing subscribers to share with friends and family. Link back to your website so they can find your signup form and enter in their own info. Benchmark Email offers a forward-to-a-friend option in each email you send, and even tracks who received those emails and whether they were opened.
- Add your email to the Benchmark Email Community. An email marketing community is a great place to showcase all your emails and build up your list. Put your emails online in the community and you'll find a brand new audience for all your email communications.
Benchmark Email has a special email community specifically for this purpose. Post your emails in full web format and enjoy better visibility among net surfers. Find out more about the Benchmark Email Community.
- Take advantage of social networking sites like Facebook to gain more exposure. Create a fan page for your business and place a signup form on it. Add a link for subscribers to share your campaign on their own page and to "like" your campaign.
If you want to collect several addresses in a short period of time, give people an incentive to sign up. Here are some ideas:
- A discount on your goods or services
- Special access to VIP sales and other events
- A free gift thanking them for signing up
- Early notice on blowouts and holiday sales
- Raffle off a free gift to one of your new subscribers
More related questions