Frequently Asked Questions
was designed with your needs in mind. So, there is a good chance that you will find the answer to your question here. Plus, it is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Select a topic to start
Search by Topic
Mac: Why is my text running off to the right of my article section?
Text extending beyond an article block is a result of pasting text from external sources (MS Word document, email message, webpage, etc.) into Benchmark Email. One solution is to copy text from the original source, paste it to a simple text program (not MS Word or Apple Pages) so that it loses its formatting, then to recopy the text and paste it into the Benchmark Email editor. Your computer most likely has this simple text program installed because it comes with the operating system. See the steps below.
To prevent text running off to the right:
- Open the program from which you want to copy the text (MS Word, web page, etc.).
- Open the Apple program called TextEdit (found in your Applications folder).
- Copy the text you want to use from the external source (MS Word, web page, etc.).
- Paste the text into TextEdit.
a) All previous formatting will now be lost.
- In TextEdit, highlight the section you want and copy it.
- Paste the copied text into your article.
a) You will need to re-format the text.
- Click Save.
More related questions