I hope that all of you had a lovely Mother’s Day. I couldn’t be with my mom, but I did chat with her, as well as both of my grandmothers, on the phone. Actually, first my mom called my brother to chew him out for a good twenty minutes and then hung up. Eventually, I did get her on the phone to wish her a proper Mother’s Day.
One thing I’ll always be grateful to both my parents for, is my love for music. They took me to see The Who doing Quadrophenia when I was in 5th grade for my first concert. Take that every else my age, who lists the Backstreet Boys, N SYNC or something similar. It started even before that, though. I remember listening, and singing along to, all sorts of Motown and girl groups in the car with my mom. This week’s playlist is dedicated to that.
- “The Tears of a Clown” – Smokey Robinson & the Miracles
- “Heatwave” – Martha Reeves & the Vandellas
- “Please Mr. Postman” – The Marvelettes
- “The Love You Save” – Jackson 5
- “Ball of Confusion” – The Temptations
- “You’re All I Need To Get By” – Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
- “Come See About Me” – The Supremes
- “For Once In My Life” – Stevie Wonder
- “Shotgun” – Jr. Walker & the All Stars
- “Reach Out, I’ll Be There” – Four Tops
Are you ready for a smarter way to engage with your customers?
Benchmark helps you do email marketing the practical way. Create an ongoing relationship with your subscribers that leads to increased sales and happier customers.