My parents were in town this past weekend, visiting from Chicago. I don’t get to see them all that often, now that I live halfway across the country from them. It was an abrupt departure from how my weekends are generally spent. I usually enjoy the lazy weekend, with an occasional adventure or two. With them here, it was constant on-the-go action. Dinners, activities and even watching a couple Blackhawks playoff games dominated the weekend. Another change was the music that got played. They’re generally open to at least trying new music, but we usually rely on the music we’ve been listening to together since I was a tike. Here’s a playlist of songs for your work week that remind me of my parents … and probably yours too (as long as you’re around my age).
- “Rip This Joint” – The Rollings Stones
- “Runnin’ Down a Dream” – Top Petty & the Heartbreakers
- “The Low Spark of High-Heeled Boys” – Traffic
- “Magic Carpet Ride” – Steppenwolf
- “Feelin’ Alright” – Joe Cocker
- “You Keep Me Hangin’ On” – The Supremes
- “Please Mr. Postman” – The Marvelettes
- “Leader of the Pack” – The Shangri-Las
- “Cloud Nine” – The Temptations
- “Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I’m Yours)” – Stevie Wonder
Are you ready for a smarter way to engage with your customers?
Benchmark helps you do email marketing the practical way. Create an ongoing relationship with your subscribers that leads to increased sales and happier customers.