Email marketing is a greener communications solution. Ask Al Gore. I’m sure he’d agree. Paperless communication goes a long way towards discovering a much more ‘convenient truth.’ Earth Day is a time to raise awareness and appreciation for the environment. Use a Benchmark Email Earth Day template to share some helpful tips that will help celebrate the Earth year round. Placing them in your email signature will also serve to spread the word.
Earth Day Email Tips (with help from PlanetGreen.com)
A simple and friendly reminder to consider whether printing an email is necessary is a great way to get people thinking green. Here are a couple of suggestions:
- “Eco-Tip: Printing emails is usually a waste. Make this tip go viral – add it to your email signature.”
- “Please consider the planet before printing this email.”
A Favorite Green Tip
Earth Day tips don’t need to be email specific. Here are some good tips for being green in your everyday life:
- Go paperless – Consider reading your newspaper and magazine subscriptions online. Switch to electronic banking and credit card payment, too.
- To save energy, keep your freezer and fridge well stocked with food, as the food will help retain the cooler temperatures.
- Use a shovel instead of a snowblower. It’ll give you a good workout, and it’s more eco-friendly.
Your Green Resolution
Have you kept your New Year’s Resolution? If not, use Earth Day to make a Green Resolution. Putting it in your email signature will help you keep to it and spread the word. Maybe even inspire others to do the same.
Maybe you’ll be biking to work. Think about how effective it will be for people to read something like “To reduce my carbon footprint, I’ve biked to work for 16 days in a row. Why not join me?” and then get another email a bit down the road that says something like “To reduce my carbon footprint, I’ve biked to work for 37 days in a row. Why not join me?” It makes green feel doable, concrete and totally personal.
Are you ready for a smarter way to engage with your customers?
Benchmark helps you do email marketing the practical way. Create an ongoing relationship with your subscribers that leads to increased sales and happier customers.