We all know that content is important. It plays a role in search engine optimization, engaging your clients, assisting with your sales and marketing process, in addition to serving many other purposes for your business. However, what most people are still failing to see is that their website and social media profiles are not “set it and forget it” entities.
Websites Need to Have Dynamic Content
Regardless whether you sell T-shirts or cheeseburgers, you need to have a constant flow of dynamic content for your website. Fresh and recurring content will keep people coming back.
A website that never changes and rarely adds new and engaging content will not give people a reason to come back and visit your website regularly, let alone give them reason to share your content with others via Facebook, Twitter and other social applications.
Websites Need to Offer a Variety of Content
Websites also need to have a wide variety of content to engage customers. The same thing over and over again will get boring and your customers will become disinterested. Therefore, you need to mix it up and be creative about the ways that you present content on your site.
Everything does not have to try to sell people on your brand. Think about creating articles that are focused on educating your customers, or are meant to be thought provoking and spark a conversation that yields feedback about a hot button issue related to your business. There is really no shortage of ways to present content, you just have to take some time to think about how to do it in a unique way.
Content Ideas to Integrate into Your Website’s Content Plan
If you are hard pressed for new ways to create content for your website, here are some great ways to give your content development a creative kick:
- Incorporate current/seasonal events to make your content relevant and share worthy
- Talk about the news and use hot topics to draw in a larger audience
- Consider having a contest or giveaway – People love free stuff!
- Consider creating content about company news
- Make sure to promotes sales, deals and upcoming events
- Let your customers know about awards and recognition that your company receives
- Talk about your community partnerships
- Refer other companies that you partner with or champion
- Link to reviews about your company, products and services
- Let people know about changes you are making to your website
- Always keep your customers in the loop when it comes to new products and services
- Feature company employees and provide information about their business philosophies
- Ask for guest posts from people within your industry
- Ask questions and provide lists of frequently asked questions from your customers
- Provide links to information that you customers will find interesting
The main goal of content is to give customers a reason to come back. Therefore, you need to have a plan and know what you want to accomplish. Make sure you measure engagement and track your content’s impact on sales, SEO and social engagement. Take the time to understand what type of content works and focus your creative efforts in that direction.
Are you ready for a smarter way to engage with your customers?
Benchmark helps you do email marketing the practical way. Create an ongoing relationship with your subscribers that leads to increased sales and happier customers.