If you’ve ever walked the floor of a trade or consumer show, you know how easy it is to collect multiple giveaway items, all or which are designed to promote a business. However, how many giveaways really do an effective job? How clearly do they get a message across? Is the message sufficiently visible? Is the giveaway useful or unique enough that you would want to keep and even use it?
The Real Purpose
Developing a powerful giveaway takes thought and creativity. Apply this 18-point checklist to dramatically improve the effectiveness of your trade show giveaways:
- Define your objectives for your trade show giveaway.
- Consider how you will select your giveaway item.
- Plan who should receive the item.
- Decide what promotional message/slogan you want to convey.
- Decide how your premium item should tie-in to your marketing theme.
- Plan how your premium item will complement your exhibiting goals.
- Allocate a realistic budget to achieve your objectives.
- Consider having your giveaway be original and relate to your business.
- Make sure that it is appealing and appropriate for your target audience.
- Make it a useful item if you want people to keep and use it.
- Consider what benefits your visitors get from this gift.
- Gauge the item’s appeal by asking if you would like to receive it and what you would do with it.
- Make sure that the item projects the company image you want your target audience to receive.
- Make a plan for distributing your item.
- Decide who will receive the item – every visitor or only to a select group.
- Decide what visitors need do to qualify to receive a gift item.
- Plan how you will inform your target audience about your giveaway item.
- Organize a system to measure the effectiveness of your giveaway.
Are you ready for a smarter way to engage with your customers?
Benchmark helps you do email marketing the practical way. Create an ongoing relationship with your subscribers that leads to increased sales and happier customers.