I figured I would dedicate this week’s playlist to my favorite bands and artists to follow on Twitter, since the series this week is Social Success Stories. Clearly, the key for me is humor. Most of these tweeters make me laugh. Whether it is them being intentional or not is another story (cough cough Kanye). For others, it’s because they provide information that I’m interested in. Actually, I’ll tell you exactly why for each one. In some cases it’s a member of the band, rather than the band account.
- “Touch the Sky” – Kanye West f. Lupe Fiasco (@kanyewest): Kanye doesn’t tweet nearly as much as he used to. Still, you never know when he’s gonna pop in with a rant. Plus, any tweeter that inspires a video like this deserves a spot on this playlist.
- “Empire Falls” – Chris Thile (@christhile): He seldom discusses music in his feed. Instead, he’ll tweet about another favorite topic of mine: the Chicago Cubs.
- “Women Wine And Song” – Umphrey’s McGee f. Huey Lewis (@umphreysmcgee): Their lightening director tweets the band’s set list in real-time. You never know what they’ll play on any given night and I always look forward to seeing what covers they do.
- “When I’m With You” – Best Coast (@best_coast): A product of my generation, she often makes me laugh. Simple as that.
- “Diane Young” – Vampire Weekend (@arzE): Ezra Koenig is strange, smart…and most often funny.
- “Boys ‘Round Here” – Blake Shelton f. Pistol Annies & Friends (@blakeshelton): He’s just found the perfect balance between slightly creepy drunk and wholesome country star (unless I’m just out of touch with country and those are one-in-the-same).
- “Warrior” A-Trak, Mark Foster, Kimbra (@atrak): A-Trak always makes me laugh. Lately, he’s been changing what his name displays at. Last I saw, he was DJ Foot Massage.
- “Tenderoni” – Chromeo (@Chromeo): Keeps fans updated on tours, time in the studio and has some fun. Plus, Dave-1 is A-Trak’s brother. Being good at Twitter is in their blood.
- “Gump” – “Weird Al” Yankovich (@alyankovic): The man is a comedian as much, if not more, than he is a musician. His funny pictures and jokes are always a welcome presence in my timeline.
- “Adam’s Song” – Blink-182 (@markhoppus): Another funny guy. Not that I should have been surprised. They’ve been making me laugh since I was in junior high.
Are you ready for a smarter way to engage with your customers?
Benchmark helps you do email marketing the practical way. Create an ongoing relationship with your subscribers that leads to increased sales and happier customers.