Part of living in the LA area is having friends that are “in the industry.” Sometimes it’s fun, as it results in access to cool events. Other times, it means watching an awards show like the Grammys through a different lens. Last night, as we watched Katy Perry and Juicy J perform “Dark Horse,” my brother stated that the single would likely hit number one on the charts in the wake of the performance. To him, it made sense in the way that the music business works. To me, I was thinking about how it made sense in terms of a marketing funnel. Appearing on TV leads to more exposure and probably more song downloads, album sales, etc. Since watching the Grammys had me already looking forward to our “Funnel Vision: Focusing Your Digital Marketing” series, I figured a playlist dedicated to some of the best performances and winners would be appropriate. Enjoy!
- “Same Love” – Macklemore & Ryan Lewis f. Mary Lambert
- “Imagine Dragons” – Radioactive
- “Drunk In Love” – Beyonce f. Jay Z
- “Get Lucky” – Daft Punk f. Pharrell Williams & Nile Rodgers
- “Brave” – Sara Bareilles
- “Royals” – Lorde
- “Cut Me Some Slack” – Sound City Players (including Dave Grohl, Paul McCartney, Krist Noveselic, Pat Smear)
- “Cop Car” – Keith Urban
- “Try” – Pink
- “Queenie Eye” – Paul McCartney
Are you ready for a smarter way to engage with your customers?
Benchmark helps you do email marketing the practical way. Create an ongoing relationship with your subscribers that leads to increased sales and happier customers.