I spent the first 25 years of my life in the Chicagoland area. Most of my friends thought I would never leave. As you may recall from my recent Love Letter to LA, I’ve grown quite happy in my new home. For the past week, I’ve been back in Chicago for the wedding of a good friend. I still maintain there is no better place to be than Chicago during the summer. I’ve had a wonderful time catching up with friends, celebrating a wedding, an engagement and seeing my family. Not everyone stays where they grew up. Sometimes work takes us to far away lands. If that’s the case, it’s always good to get a reminder of home once in a while. Here’s my Chicago-themed playlist to remind me of home (even though I haven’t left yet).
- “Sweet Home Chicago” – The Blues Brothers Band
- “This City” – Patrick Stump feat. Lupe Fiasco
- “Homecoming” – Kanye West
- “Go Cubs Go” – Steve Goodman
- “Chi-City” – Common
- “Chicago” – Sufjan Stevens
- “Go Go Gadget Flow” – Lupe Fiasco
- “My Kind of Town” – Frank Sinatra
- “In the Kitchen” – Umphrey’s McGee
- “Chicago” – Umphrey’s McGee feat. Buddy Guy & the Chicago Horns
Are you ready for a smarter way to engage with your customers?
Benchmark helps you do email marketing the practical way. Create an ongoing relationship with your subscribers that leads to increased sales and happier customers.