Event marketing has become an integral part of any brand’s promotional campaigns and in order to excel at creating a buzz around your event, you can implement these top seven keys to creating an event campaign which will compel your audience to attend!
- Determine your audience personas. You can’t begin to address the preferences and requirements of your audience until you have created a series of audience personas which will allow you to address the most significant questions and relevant objections involved in the process of attending your event. You may find in your audience persona determination process that some of these categories represent a greater opportunity than others. It is the sign of a wise event marketer that they are able to select the segments of their audience which are going to provide the greatest attendance figures.
- Leverage the calendar. It is absolutely necessary to map out exactly when you are going to be delivering the content with regards to your event, and that it be done well in advance. If you are the producer of an annual event, for example, you should never wait until a couple of months before the event scheduled date to begin seeding the content which will drive admissions. The best date to start promoting your next annual event is on the day following the previous event! In order to encourage audience loyalty and repeat ticket sales, your promotions must be held year round.
- Set a unique hashtag. The selection of the proper hashtag is critical to the dissemination of your event’s promotional information through social media. Far too many event marketers fail to create a hashtag which is unique enough to target their event and their event only, and thus dilute their entire impact on the Twittersphere. Did you really think that no one else was going to use #NewYearsEveParty?
- Start the event online. In order to convince your prospects that they simply must attend your event, you can provide advance sneak peeks into the primary highlights of your event online well before you open your doors. If your event integrates guest speakers, there is no better way to promote it than to set up a live chat through Twitter or a mass videoconference through Google+ Hangouts and let your prospective audience interact with them well ahead of time. If they can be exposed to the collective wisdom of your guest speakers ahead of the event and are presented with the opportunity to ask questions, they will convince themselves of the necessity to attend your event!
- Commit to podcasting. Your prospective audience will react positively to the ability to listen to a podcast dealing with your event. It is imperative that you don’t think of an event podcast to be nothing more than a half hour long commercial, as you need to provide value to your listeners in order to drive them to actually attend your event. Apple CarPlay will soon be available in millions of vehicles and this new service will provide an extremely effective delivery mechanism for your event’s podcasts to motorists around the country.
- Team up. Sponsorship and co-presentation arrangements can be the essential lifeblood of just about any event. It is important to ensure that the companies and brands which you are selecting as potential sponsors and partners have a cohesive and complimentary approach to the market segment that you are targeting. If you can create a convincing collaborative structure which can grow organically from your combined strengths, you will create an event which can’t help but provide extensive mutual benefits for your organizations.
- Communicate your UVP. The Unique Value Proposition of your event has to be communicated with the utmost clarity and impact. Every aspect of your event marketing has to be able to elegantly and eloquently answer the question: “What am I going to get out of this event?” If you can prove that your event has a clear and unmistakable value to the audience, they will come!
Event marketing is a competitive business, but if you commit to these key factors you’ll stand out from your competitors.
Are you ready for a smarter way to engage with your customers?
Benchmark helps you do email marketing the practical way. Create an ongoing relationship with your subscribers that leads to increased sales and happier customers.