With my family, and I’m sure many others, there are two things not discussed at the dinner table: politics and religion. My family learned the hard way, with heated arguments and awkward silences. Politics in particular was our hot button issue. Although the two sides of my family could never see eye to eye with politics, both sides knew the importance of voting.
Regarding your email campaigns, your company is better off to take a similar stance this Election Day. Visit your subscribers’ inboxes with only a reminder to get out and vote. It’s an opportunity for some patriotic points, up there with the 4th of July, Memorial Day and Veterans Day.
Acknowledge this important day for all your American subscribers, and share some of these Election Day insights with your list.
|Check out Benchmark’s free Election Day Email Template|
|View all Email Templates|
Why Election Day Is the Day It Is (via www.internetfamilyfun.com):
– November was chosen because it was when the harvest work was finished.
– Tuesday was picked instead of Monday because many voters would have to travel the day before to reach the polling place. Travelling on Sunday was off-limits for religious reasons.
– Election Day does not fall on the first of the month because many shopkeepers did their bookkeeping from the previous month on the first.
Sample Subject Lines:
– [Your company], reminding you to vote this Election Day
– Our vote is for you to vote this Election Day
– Happy Election Day from [your company]
Are you ready for a smarter way to engage with your customers?
Benchmark helps you do email marketing the practical way. Create an ongoing relationship with your subscribers that leads to increased sales and happier customers.