Your business is only as good as the tools you’re using. In new media, this means knowing what the hottest tools and apps are to accomplish business goals better and faster. Here we’ve taken the time to round up the best SEO tools out there!
- Google Keyword Planner. Relevant to those who use Adwords, Google switched out it’s Adwords Keyword Tool for Keyword Planner, a tool that offers as much as the original and more.
- Crawlers. PRO Toolset by Moz, nicknamed the Roger Mozbot, this is a deep site crawler that gives a weekly crawl update. The crawler discovers errors, warnings, and notices. Another site crawler that’s equally competitive is the Screaming Frog’s SEO Spider. Equally competitive is DeepCrawl (pricier) and ISS SEO Toolkit (a free tool).
- Bing Webmaster Tools. Refer to this tool to discover your average ranking position, how many clicks you’ve received, and how many impressions you’ve received for that particular keyword.
- Keyword Difficulty Tool. Use this to see which keywords don’t have a lot of competition, but are in active use by many users. Then incorporate them into your SEO strategy.
- Searchmetrics. Calculates search volume based on its own traffic algorithms. They have a wide spectrum of tools including SEO visibility, backlink checker, social visibility, rank checker, keyword research, Facebook Stats, and SEO competitive analysis. Search metrics is used by top companies like T-Mobile Online, Lufthansa, Crate & Barrel, among other name brands.
- Search Latte. Helps you quickly and easily check rankings in different countries and customize searches. Best for international SEO managers.
- SEMrush. A professional software services for search and marketing professionals, SEMrush is best for competitor research that requires the inclusion of organic and Ads keywords. The suite service also includes charts detailing SEO metrics.
- Ubersuggest. Another tool to generate keyword ideas. The tool enables users to instantly retreieve thousands of keyword ideas…from real user queries. As Netmagazine puts it, “you’ll get far by simply creating a list of keywords and prioritizing them by search volume. A really nice tip (first heard via Wil Reynolds, CEO at Seer Interactive) is simply don’t click search in Google. Type in your keywords and see what appears in the auto-complete box to get an idea of how people are searching around those words.
- Getstat. An enterprise SEO keyword tracking & SERP analytics tool with detailed reports, clear data presentation, and useful alert services. The tool also enables users to collect regional ranking data. With Getstat you “see everything, anywhere, any time,” with large-scale tracking and smart analytics. The platform also offers strategy insight.
- grep/words. A lesser version than the cream of the crop SEO services and suite software, but still relevant for companies need to get their foot professionally in the door when it comes to SEO campaigns. Here users get exportable and easy to integrate keyword tools.
I also recommend Check My Links, which allows you to check for broken link building links. You may not think this is relevant to SEO, but remember that SEO involves three pillars: (1) keywords/keyphrases, (2) links (3) content.
Are you ready for a smarter way to engage with your customers?
Benchmark helps you do email marketing the practical way. Create an ongoing relationship with your subscribers that leads to increased sales and happier customers.