Mar 11 2013, 03:00 AM by Andy Shore
I can’t really remember how Duck Tales
got brought up in our morning team meeting, but it did. So naturally, the theme song has been stuck in my head. It’s only fair if you get to experience the very same. This week, the playlist is dedicated to some of the best TV theme songs of all time. I know it's probably counterproductive to listen to TV show theme songs while you try to work, but are you really complaining? Enjoy the trip down memory lane. A lot of these shows are even before my time. Don’t worry, I grew up on Nick at Nite
and other reruns.
- Duck Tales: Seriously, this takes me back. This show was probably one of the cartoons I watched most consistently as a tike.
- Growing Pains: I’m pretty sure I was watching syndicated reruns, but c’mon...we all remember the Seavers.
- The Fresh Prince of Bel Air: I’d be willing to go as far as to say it’s probably a scientific fact that if you told someone to think of a TV show theme song, this is the first one that would come to mind. Maybe.
- Friends: The only reason anyone my age has ever seen the Rembrants live, is because they sang this song.
- Cheers: Perhaps the greatest TV theme song ever. There. I said it.
- The Jeffersons: I sing this any time I move, get a new job, promotion...anything. I don’t even think I’ve ever seen an entire episode of the show.
- Golden Girls: This show was on every day when I’d get home from school. My mom watched a lot (and me too).
- Suits: The only show still on the air on this list. It’s one of the only intros I don’t fastforward through on TV today (because who watches live TV?).
- The Sopranos: Few other TV theme songs are capable of getting me this excited. I miss this show a lot.
- How To Make It In America: The theme song is better than the TV show ever was. At least it helped people get to know Aloe Blacc.
Posted in Entertainment