If you read this week’s post on Twitter’s new chat feature
, you know that it’s worth investing a weekly chunk of time to optimize the new venue for your marketing efforts. The next question is where do you start? Here are the best of the best Twitter chats for marketer pros.
Social Media Twitter Chats
– A weekly discussion on all things social media. It’s the largest discussion on social media on Twitter and it’s great for both beginners and pros.
Every Tuesday at 9 p.m. PST
– Great for social media optimization and users can suggest topics.
Tuesdays at 12 a.m. PST
- A new weekly chat on all things social media.
Mondays at 6 p.m. PST
– Stands for "Social Media Manners" and focuses on building relationships through social media marketing.
Tuesday at 7 p.m. PST
– With host @JeffAshcroft and other leading experts from successful firms in the marketing and social media industries.
Monday at 5 p.m. PST
– General social media chat covering marketing and professional application. Topic suggestions are welcomed on their blog.
Wednesdays at 10 a.m. PST
- Covers social media measurement and analytics; co-hosted by @marketwire and @sysomos, both of which are very reputable sources.
Thursdays at 9 a.m. PST
Blogging Twitter Chats
– Hosted by Mack Collier, an SEO and social media expert.
Regular sessions have ended so you’ll have to see his website or Twitter page for a new schedule when it’s available.
– A weekly Twitter chat about blogging tips and advice, ideal for brand-based blogging. They welcome questions, suggestions.
Thursday at 8 a.m. PST
Small Business Twitter Chats
– Focusing on small business and social media marketing. Previous chat transcripts are available on their website.
Tuesdays at 5 p.m. PST
– Learn why influence matters. Hosted by Alan Berkson of the Intelligist Group.
Tuesdays at 9 p.m. PST
Social Media Networks Twitter Chats
– Best for LinkedIn marketing or self promotion.
Tuesday at 5 p.m. PST
- Klout has recently started a chat.
Wednesdays at 3 p.m. PST
– Learn all about the fastest rising social media platform, Pinterest
. This teaches how to use it and tailor it for marketing needs.
Wednesday at 6 p.m. PST
Leverage Twitter Chats by executing the same thought leadership that worked for LinkedIn. Just like LinkedIn hosted industry and subject based groups, offer your expertise by hosting a Twitter chat, or take the plunge and offer “free advice” chats for a set number of hours per month. This will attract businesses in need of your services and give them the opportunity to try you out first, which allows you to interact with them, weed through client types, establish rapport and gain their trust.
Use chats to plug links, but make sure they’re relevant to the conversation at hand or you’ll be spamming and repel fellow chatters and potential business – not to mention tarnishing a hard-earned reputation.