Feb 18 2013, 05:00 AM by Andy Shore
Happy President’s Day everybody! I myself will be enjoying a day off. Yet technology allows us to be here with you today even when we’re not in the office. If you are for some reason working on President’s Day...sorry. As a consolation prize, I’d like to offer you this playlist. Spoonful of sugar and whatnot.
It’s a mix of what’s going on this week. Some songs reference current events and holidays. Others are just things I’ve been listening to that I thought y’all might enjoy. Hope this will get you through your day a bit faster!
- “Space Jam” - Quad City DJs: It’s the All Star game this weekend.
- “Hey O” - RDGLDGRN: Can’t get enough of their new EP. Dave Grohl on drums, Pharrell produced.
- “My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up)” - Fall Out Boy: First track they’ve released in a few years and I was surprised to not hate it.
- “Freedom at 21” - Jack White: He ripped this up at the Grammys, in what was my favorite performance of the night.
- “Funky President (People It’s Bad) - James Brown: It’s Presdent’s Day. This was obvious.
- “Runaway Baby” - Bruno Mars: He was another highlight from the Grammys.
- “40’s Theme” - Umphrey’s McGee: A rockin’ tune about long weekend activities.
- “Madness” - Muse: It just seemed like a good place to put a song like this.
- “Anything Could Happen” - Ellie Goulding: They closed Glee with it this week. Just don’t ask how I know that...
- “I Love It” - Icona Pop feat. Charli XCX: For when coffee just isn’t enough, there are songs like this.
Posted in Tips & Resources