How to use Email Marketing?
Following this guide, in just 15 minutes a day for the next few days, you will have an email marketing plan that:
- Captures new leads and customers. Capitalize on the traffic coming to your website!
- Doubles your returning customers. After all, your customers are also your warmest leads.
- Brings back visitors who abandon cart. Don’t miss out on hot leads!
- Gets automated feedback from customers. Use this information to improve,
create more engagement and sell more.
That’s it! Within just three days, you will have the majority covered.
Want to do it all in one day? Everything you’ll need to know is on this page. Just go as far as you can.
If you need an email marketing tool, you can sign up here free. Need any help? We’re here for you via phone, chat or email to answer any questions you may have.
What is email marketing and why is it important?
Your email list is your most valuable asset. Email marketing allows you to spend less time and money, while getting more engagement and sales:
- The average Return On Investment (ROI) for email marketing is $38 for every $1 spent
- Email keeps customers coming back for more! It costs FIVE TIMES more to attract a new customer than to keep your existing ones.
- Email is the most effective channel for generating sales according to 59% of B2B marketers
STEP 1: GET SIGNUPS
Generate 50% More Hot Leads at One-Third Lower Cost by Nurturing Leads with Just a Basic Signup Form Strategy
Your email list is your most valuable marketing asset. Even if you’re just starting out or only have a small list!
According to a study conducted by SalesForce, companies that succeed with lead nurturing create 50% more leads from customers ready to buy at a cost that is one-third lower.
It all starts at the signup form.
You have an opportunity to grow your email list at every single touchpoint with customers and leads. Here are the spots you should be placing a signup form:
- Top Trafficked Website Pages
- Social Media
- Print Ads
Three Key Factors of Effective Signup Forms
The tone, or voice, that you use on your signup forms should ring true to your brand.
Your company has a personality that is uniquely yours and it should shine in your signup forms. A visitor’s interactions with your signup form should match the experience they’ll find elsewhere with your brand.
The only reason a person will signup to receive your emails is if they believe they will get value from it.
Why should your customers and leads subscribe to your email list?
You need to understand where that person is at in the moment they see your signup form and what they need from you. Offer it in exchange for their email address.
Value, for your subscribers, can come in the form of information, savings, learning resources or even entertainment.
A clear and easy Call To Action is a must for any signup form.
Use action words in your signup forms. Here are some action phrases to consider:
- Yes, I Want [insert your lead magnet here]!
- Start [doing whatever your goods/services offer] Now
- Score/Snag [your lead magnet] Now!
Additionally, create a sense of urgency by putting words like “today” and “now” to use.
Want to learn more? Here are 15 Ways to Grow Your Email List.
Ready to start growing your list? Signup Free Today
STEP 2: GREET SIGNUPS
Generate 320% Revenue with a Simple Welcome Campaign
A Welcome Email is the one email marketing strategy every single business should be using:
- On average, Welcome Emails generate 320% more revenue on a per email basis that other promo emails that are sent.
- 3x more transactions and revenue per email over regular promo emails. 4x open rate, 5x click-through rate for Welcome Emails over other email marketing campaigns.
- The average Welcome Email has a 14.4% click rate, whereas other email campaigns average 2.7%. Welcome Emails average a 50% open rate. Welcome Emails have proven to be 86% more effective than standard newsletters.
- More than half, 57.7%, of brands send Welcome Emails to their new subscribers. Subscribers who have been sent a Welcome Email average 33% more engagement with a company.
- Welcome Emails that include an offer can increase revenue by 30% per email compared to the Welcome Emails that don’t have one.
- The average conversion rate for Welcome Emails is .94%. It’s an average of .1% for a regular email campaign.
Here are 6 Tips for creating highly effective Welcome Email campaigns:
- Time is of the essence Send your Welcome Email promptly.
- Your subject line is essential. Make it clear and catchy.
- Create a warm welcome. Make your new subscribers and customers feel right at home.
- Tell people what to do. Let them know what the next steps are that they should take.
- Deliver on your promise. Your Welcome Email should contain what you said you’d send on your signup form.
- Keep it simple. It should be obvious what your subscribers should do with that email.
To learn more about how you can execute these tips yourself, and to see examples, find out more about how you can Generate 320% More Revenue with Welcome Emails.
Ready to create a Welcome Email to greet all your new subscribers? Signup Free Today
STEP 3: REKINDLE LOST CUSTOMERS
Recapture 10% of Lost Sales with Abandoned Cart Automation
Each year, between TWO AND FOUR TRILLION dollars are left in digital shopping carts and that number is expected to rise.
Across the globe, that cart abandonment rate is greater than 75%!
There is some good news: abandoned cart emails are opened by nearly 45% of subscribers. Additionally, of those opening the abandoned cart emails, 21% of those click to return to your website.
You can sell to those cart abandoners! Abandoned cart emails see a conversion rate of about 10%!
Even better news: you can automate your abandoned cart emails! That means you’re closing those sales that would have otherwise been lost without spending any more of your valuable time.
Learn more about automating your Abandoned Cart Automation Emails
Are you ready to implement this strategy to capture sales before they’re lost for good? Signup Free Today
STEP 4: GET FEEDBACK FROM CUSTOMERS
Produce 25% More Profit with Improved Customer Retention with a Strategy to Request Feedback
Successful email marketing means doing customer-centric marketing that delivers value to your subscribers.
After all, a mere 5 percent uptick in customer retention can net you 25% more profit. That’s why serving the needs of your customers serves your business.
One way to know you’re succeeding is by asking for feedback. Let them tell you what they want!
Surveys and polls are built into email marketing features to help you get valuable feedback from your customers and subscribers.
Here are 6 advantages of sending surveys and polls to request feedback:
- They start a conversation. Create engagement with your subscribers and find out what they want.
- Fast and easy. It’s very simple to create and send a survey using email marketing.
- Innovative ideas. Your customers can also be one of your most valuable creative resources.
- Alleviates pressure. Surveys and polls don’t put customers on the spot the same way a phone call might.
- Gauge satisfaction. Are you doing a good enough job for your customers and subscribers? They’ll tell you!
- See immediate results. The reporting data from your surveys and polls are available in real-time, letting you track the results right away.
Ready to get feedback from your customers and subscribers? Signup Free Today
STEP 5: RETAIN EXISTING CUSTOMERS
It Costs 5x More to Attract a New Customer Than To Sell to Existing Ones, So Create a Long-Term Email Marketing Plan for Retention
Most people who land on this page are looking for a quick win on a short term email campaign. But if you’ve read this far, you’re probably a bit more serious about email and are interested in a long term strategy as well.
It’s far more time consuming and costly to find new customers. It’s far easier and more cost effective to sell to your existing ones.
That’s why it’s important to plan for both the short-term and the long-term with your email marketing plan.
Having a sound email marketing plan allows you to focus on the parts of your business that you love.
With a good plan in place, you can maximize your time and resources.
Campaigns like a Welcome Email can have a large impact on your sales in the short-term. It’s a great strategy right out of the gates for any email marketer.
Creating emails to keep your customers in the purchase cycle and have them coming back for more time and again will benefit your business for the long haul. These types of long-term campaigns must also be factored into your email marketing plan.
In addition to the steps detailed above, here are the important parts of an email marketing plan:
- Identify your core customer. This helps you know what touchpoints you should focus on for growing your list and the types of email campaigns you should send.
- Segment your list(s). The will allow you to send targeted, relevant emails to everyone on your email list.
- Perform proper list maintenance. This step helps to ensure your emails land in the inbox and that you’re sending to the people who want to hear from you.
- Define your email marketing goals. This answers why you’re creating and sending every email.
- Create an email sending schedule. This helps you plot out when to send your holiday email campaigns, incorporate special sales and event promos and any other types of emails you can send to achieve your goals. Make sure your subscriber hear from you at least once per month!
- Build in room to improve. Using your reporting data, you’ll be able to see what is working and where you can get more of an impact from your emails.
Discover how to create and execute your email marketing plan. Ready to put your plan into action? Signup Free Today
Complete the steps in this guide in less than 3 days and receive 3 months free when you upgrade to any
- Using Social Media and Email Marketing Together
- Using Google and Facebook Ads Together
- Segmenting quality leads for one to one communication (CRM)
Top 4 Questions:
- Do I need a website to do email marketing?
It does help with list growth to have a website, but you don’t need one. Having a Facebook Page, a physical store or brick-and-mortar location, or even just by meeting people at events, you can grow your list and send emails.
- I already use Faceboo, why do I need email marketing?
If Facebook closed tomorrow, you’d lose all those likes. Your email list is yours. You own it, no matter what.
- Do I need to have technical experience?
We built this for business owners and entrepreneurs, not just marketers. The only skill needed here is the desire to want to grow your business and to keep a close communication with your customers. Plus, Benchmark Email’s award winning customer support is here for you every step of the way.
- How long does this really take? Your time spent working on email marketing campaigns should be no longer than 30 min with Benchmark Email. If you wish to do all of your setup at once, then you can have it all done within a day or two. The most time consuming part is strategizing, gathering your images and writing text for the emails. Once you have that, the time spent in Benchmark Email is minimal. We built it this way on purpose.
Do you want learn more about Email Marketing? visit our Blog & sign up for our monthly newsletter.
MORE FREE EMAIL MARKETING RESOURCES