Frequently Asked Questions
was designed with your needs in mind. So, there is a good chance that you will find the answer to your question here. Plus, it is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Select a topic to start
Search by Topic
Can I merge information like the contact‘s name to personalize the email?
Yes, you can insert a contact's information into the body of your email. You can merge any of the fields available including name, phone number, customer ID number and more. As long as you have that info in your contact list, you can merge it.
Here's how you merge field data into your email:
- Click on "Emails" tab
- Click the "Edit This Email" icon (When you click the 'Emails' link, you will be shown a list of all of the saved emails in your account. To the right of each entry, three icons appear. The first icon is the 'Edit This Email' icon).
When you click the 'Emails' link, you will be shown a list of all of the saved emails in your account. To the right of each entry, three icons appear. The first icon is the 'Edit This Message' icon.
- Click on the "Email Builder" link from the summary.
- Click on the block you want to use personalization.
- Click on on the right of the tool bar, then click on (note. “more” is dependent on your browser size, the whole bar will show until you make your browser smaller, and then each icon collapses into the more menu).
- Select the field from the list to use that information in the body of your email.
Whatever information is stored in the field for each contact will be substituted for the field name when the message is sent. For example:
If James Anderson receives the email, it will say: "Dear James,"
You can go to the preview and check if the contact details are replaced. If the contact detail does not exist, the field will appear blank.
To use personalization in the text version use the following
- or [contact_attribute:FIELDLABEL] where FIELDLABEL is the label of the field used in the contact list. To get the labels you can go to the detail of any contact and copy-paste the label e.g "Job Title" or "Business Phone" etc. These would translate into [contact_attribute:Job Title] and [contact_attribute:Business Phone]
You can also use personalization in your "Subject", in the above mentioned manner.
Personalization will not show up in "Test Emails" because there is no reference to specific contact details. You can send your email campaign to a small set of contacts if you'd like to test your personalization.
More related questions