Frequently Asked Questions
was designed with your needs in mind. So, there is a good chance that you will find the answer to your question here. Plus, it is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Select a topic to start
Search by Topic
How do I create a segment?
Segments are a different part of your list that you have specially created. Segments are created based on information of your contacts such as, State, Business Name, or even something custom, like a special tracking code for a group of people. By creating a Segment, you'll be able to email to these people, seperately from the rest of your list.
To create a segment:
- From your Dashboard, hover above Contacts on your navigation bar and select Segments
- Select the List you wish to create a Segment of
- Give your segment a name and optional description. Save & Continue
- Now create your criteria, or outline, for your segment.
- Criterias are based on information you provide of your contacts
- You can create comprehensive criterias, including and excluding other info
- Click Save and Refresh Count to save your segment criteria and segment.
As mentioned above, you can create your criteria has comprehensive as needed. The more information you have of your clients, the more comprhensive you can create your segments. Also as a tip, you can create codes for certain contacts in a list (this could be product codes or tracking codes). You can then later use those codes to segment them in Benchmark Email. If you don't have much information of your contacts, utilizing Surveys and Polls would be a great way to do so!
More related questions