There are two ways to send, depending on what type of survey you created. Surveys can be sent by email or by link.
The following steps assume that you have already created a survey and activated it in your account.
To send a survey by email:
- Log in to your Benchmark account.
- On the Dashboard menu, select Emails.
- Click on the Create New Email button.
- Complete Step 1 and Step 2.
- On Step 3, select a template.
- Click on top of the the text block you want to insert the survey link.
- Now click on Merge.
- Select Survey.
- You will be prompted to a Survey Link pop-up. Give your link a name and select a live survey from the dropdown menu.
- Click Update.
You can now move forward with your email and send it, or you can continue editing.
To use a survey by link:
- On the Dashboard menu, click on Surveys.
- Locate the active Survey you would like to access the URL from and click Survey URL.
- Copy the URL.
You can now freely use the Survey URL in emails, social media or even on your website.
Instructions not for responsive site
How do I deploy a survey?
There are three ways to deploy a survey, depending on what type of survey you created. Surveys can be deployed by email or by link activated it in your account.
Send a survey using a Benchmark Email survey template:
- Click the Emails tab
- Select the email you would like to add your survey in, or create a new email.
- Complete Step 1 and 2
- In step 3 (Editor) select your template.
- Now open a text block to edit.
- Once the text block is open, click on More (left of toolbar.)
- Then click on Merge, and select Survey.
- You will now see a pop up
- Add your Survey name and select the survey you want to use.
- Then click the Update button.
Your Survey will now be added to the text block chosen You may continue editing your email or move forward to send.
How to get the Survey link
Once you have completed your survey, you will be prompted to the Completed Survey screen. You will be able to see the survey link from this page.
However, your survey link will also be displayed in the Surveys Dashboard. Given you quick and easy access. If the survey is active, the survey’s link will be displayed below its name. Simply copy the url, and you will now be able to use it elsewhere.
Do not copy the URL from the address bar of the survey itself. The URL displayed on the survey itself is an abbreviated version of the actual URL. If you distribute the URL displayed in the address bar of your browser, your contacts will not be able to access your survey.