Frequently Asked Questions
was designed with your needs in mind. So, there is a good chance that you will find the answer to your question here. Plus, it is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Select a topic to start
Search by Topic
How to connect Benchmark Email to my PayPal account?
First of you want to make sure you have a Business or Premier account in PayPal. A personal account will not work, the accounts have to be Premier or Business.
Integrating with PayPal is simple and effortless. When a client purchases an item they will be added into a contact list of your choice!
To get started please follow the steps below.
- On your Benchmark account, click on your Username.
- Select Integrations.
- On the PayPal integration option, click on the Generate URL button.
- In the dropdown box, choose which of your contact lists you’d like to add your PayPal customers to.
- When you click on the desired list, it will automatically generate a URL in the Copy URL box, copy this URL.
- Once you have copied your URL you will need to log into your PayPal Business/Premier account.
- Click Summary.
- Under Selling Tools, click on Seller Preferences.
- Scroll down to Instant payment notifications, and click on Update
- On the Instant Payment Notification (IPN) page, click on the Choose IPN Settings button.
- Paste the URL in the Notification URL and then select Receive IPN Messages.
- Click Save.
Your page should look something this this when done.
The connection status will show Disconnected until a subscriber purchases something. Once they purchase they will be added to the list you selected.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact our support team via Email
- On the Benchmark Email dashboard, scroll over your Account Name.
- Click on Integration.
- Scroll down the page to the PayPal integration.
- In the dropdown box, choose which of your contact lists you'd like to add your PayPal customers to.
- When you click on the desired list, it will automatically generate a URL in the box over "Connection Status." Copy this URL.
- Go to PayPal's website and log in to your Premier or Business PayPal account.
- Click Profile.
- Under the "Getting paid and managing my risk section," go to Instant Payment Notification Preferences and click Update.
- On the Instant Payment Notification (PIN) page, click Edit Settings.
- Enter the Benchmark Generated URL in the the Notification URL box.
- Click Save.
More related questions