Frequently Asked Questions
was designed with your needs in mind. So, there is a good chance that you will find the answer to your question here. Plus, it is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Select a topic to start
Search by Topic
Can I Add Google Analytics Tracking To My Email Campaigns?
If you use Google Analytics on your website, you can actually track clicks from your Benchmark email campaigns all the way to purchases on your website. Benchmark can do this automatically for you, giving you a better picture of your email marketing return on investment.
1. First off, make certain you have your Google Analytics account
set up on your Website. Make sure it’s set up so it can track conversions.
2. After you've got conversion tracking setup in your Google Analytics account, here's how to integrate a Benchmark Email campaign into your Google Analytics stats:
- Log into your Benchmark Email account and click on the EMAILS tab.
- Click on a campaign you've already created or start a new one.
- On first step of the Email Campaign process, you'll see a checkbox that activates Google Analytics under Advanced Options. Make sure the box is checked.
3. After you send the email campaign (you'd like to track), you can check your Google Analytics stats. Here's how you do that:
- Log into Google Analytics
- Click on Traffic Sources
- Select All Traffic Sources
- Use the Show pulldown menu and sort by medium.
- Click on the email medium or utm_source=(List Name).
- Once you do this, you'll see all of your different email marketing campaigns.
- Click on the Goals tab and you'll be able to see how many people a) came to your site via your email, and b) completed the goals you've set up, for instance, making a purchase on your site.
More related questions