Frequently Asked Questions
was designed with your needs in mind. So, there is a good chance that you will find the answer to your question here. Plus, it is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Select a topic to start
Search by Topic
Can I Add Google Analytics Tracking To My Email Campaigns?
If you use Google Analytics on your website, you can actually track clicks from your Benchmark email campaigns all the way to purchases on your website. Benchmark can do this automatically for you, giving you a better picture of your email marketing return on investment.
You must first create a Google Analytics account and set this up on your website. Be sure to set it so that it may track conversions. Afterwards, here is how you use Google Analytics with Benchmark:
- Log into your Benchmark Email account at www.benchmarkemail.com
- Create or select a campaign that has not yet been sent.
- In the Describe step of creating your email, turn on Google Analytics under Advance Options
- Customize or use the default campaign name (remember this!)
Benchmark will now automatically add utm_source codes to all your URLs so that Google Analytics can track your email recipients. Here is how to locate them within Google Analytics:
- Log into your Google Analytics account (Or Google Account)
- View the reports for the website you are tracking
- On the left navigation column under the category Acquisition, select Campaigns and then All Campaigns
- Then search for the campaign name you have given your email in Benchmark.
With Google Analytics you will be able track conversions all the way from your Email Campaigns. What Benchmark cannot track, Google Analytics can.
Note: If your campaign is not visible, you can search for campaigns as well. Keep in mind the time frame in which you are searching for campaigns.
More related questions