As an email marketer seeking to boost your conversion rates, you’re certainly already implementing a coherent process which maximizes the impact of your subject lines and preheaders as well as all of the other basic strategies which have formed the basis of 99.7% of all email marketing blogs since the advent of electricity… such as placing the call to action in a prominent location. However, you might not be properly integrating these top ten advanced tips into your emails which will definitely help get your conversion rates to the next level.
- Acknowledge questions. It’s not enough to just have a link on your emails to your FAQ page, so consider implementing a direct customer question phone line or institute a Live Chat function. Ensure that these departments are fully staffed during reasonable office hours in all the time zones you’re engaged in marketing.
- Cut to the chase. When you’re focused on conversions chop through the clutter of links to your blog, endless navigation menus and even social media icons. You can get them to Like you through a different channel at another time as if they’re ready to buy you shouldn’t toss a bunch of distractions in their faces.
- Ask for the sale. In the social media age it seems like it’s gauche to actually ask for the sale, but there is no more successful strategy than to put a large prominent BUY NOW button on your emails. Don’t shy away from getting to the meat of the issue which is to complete the purchase.
- Provide guarantees. Your customers will be far more reassured in completing the conversion process if you have literally buried them in guarantees that their purchase is safe and that you’ll stand behind it with a full money back guaranteed if anything at all is not satisfactory.
- Establish trust. Always have a real brick and mortar address on your emails to prove to your customers that you’re real, and make sure it’s not a mailbox drop as you’d be surprised how many people will check out that address on Google Street View. Also take meticulous precautions with your customers’ data through SSL certificates, https websites, and every secure verification system you can get.
- Provide testimonials. Select your most impactful testimonials and integrate them into your call to action so that your customer feels comfortable jumping onto the bandwagon. A testimonial which is signed John S., Chicago is 100% useless, so provide the link in the signature to confirm that your testimonial author is a real person.
- Show the email’s author. Just like a John S. signed testimonial will be seen as a cop-out, so is the failure to show an attractive, smiling photo of the author of the email. Your customers don’t want to receive gray corporate boilerplate, they want to associate your email missives with a person that they can relate to.
- Be overwhelmingly generous. Everybody loves free stuff and there is no greater motivator to a successful conversion than providing ample and valuable gifts to your customers. Not only should you be constantly encouraging your customers to download free ebooks, white papers, webcasts, and other premium content, but give them unexpected gifts when they actually purchase.
- Optimize for revenue. What’s better, a 20% conversion rate for a sale which nets you $10 or a 10% conversion on a sale which nets $50? The bottom line has to dictate your entire marketing policy, so maximize your revenue to the expense of the actual conversion percentage if need be.
- Test infinitely. The only reason to stop a concerted policy of extensive A/B Split and Multivariate testing is when your conversion rate has been holding steady at precisely 100% for a full century. For the rest of us mortal email marketers, it is absolutely imperative that you test everything in your emails in each and every send.
Once you start building these top ten tips into your entire email marketing campaign you’re going to see some unmistakable results in your conversion and total sales, and isn’t that what it’s all about anyway?
Are you ready for a smarter way to engage with your customers?
Benchmark helps you do email marketing the practical way. Create an ongoing relationship with your subscribers that leads to increased sales and happier customers.