Small business owners can use video as a marketing tool to effectively reach their target audience. With four in ten online users watching videos from brands they are thinking of buying from, now is the time to get in front of your buyers with video marketing.
In this article, we’ll outline the top video marketing trends for 2023 and how small businesses can use them to reach their target audience.
Benefits of Video Marketing
According to marketers who participated in a Wyzowl survey, businesses who embrace video marketing:
- Increase their brand awareness
- Improve their lead generation game
- Improve sales
- Reduce support calls
- Generate more traffic
- Increase their users’ understanding of their products and services
Video Marketing Trends For 2023
Video marketing is a fun and creative way to get in front of your potential buyers. Here are the top trends for 2023 to incorporate video marketing into your overall marketing efforts.
1. Live Video
Facebook users spend more time on live videos and have a higher engagement rate than pre-recorded videos. Major social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Tiktok now offer businesses the opportunity to engage with their target audience in real time with live videos.
Businesses can use live videos to:
- Share live events with followers
- Show your audience the journey behind a product or service
- Host interviews with key thought leaders and industry experts
- Share behind the scenes of some of the business operations
- Educate the audience on how to use specific products and services
- Conduct a Q&A session to address pressing questions followers may have
With live videos, brands can build and strengthen their customer relationships. The exclusive nature (only those who attended the live video can participate) makes it unique from other video marketing formats.
2. Behind-The-Scenes Videos
Another video marketing trend for 2023 is behind-the-scenes (BTS) videos. These videos give audiences a sneak peek into how your brand operates. There are so many things you can do with a BTS video, including:
- Give your followers a sneak peek into business activities that happen around you daily
- Interview team members at different times
- Share the planning process of projects and even production
- Tell your brand story
- Showcase some of the challenges the business experiences
Some marketers fear that BTS will make your business appear unprofessional, but the opposite is true. Consumers love authenticity, and showing your audience the people and process behind the brand can make your brand more approachable, friendly, and appealing.
3. Search-Optimized Videos
While video SEO (Search Engine Optimization) has been around for a while, it recently became more mainstream when more brands began to recognize the benefits of video marketing. Optimizing your videos for search engines can help them appear in the top spots of search engines and be found more easily by potential consumers.
To get the best results for your optimized videos, you can follow these tips:
- Select the right hosting platform for your videos depending on your business goals
- Create exciting video content that adds value to your audience
- Publish consistently
- Use primary keywords in the video title, tags, and description
- Use high-quality images as video thumbnails and avoid generic thumbnail templates.
- Upload video transcripts for every video you create
- Use strong CTAs (calls to action)
- Avoid uploading the same video on different pages on your website; this affects SEO negatively
- Use social media to drive traffic to videos on your website or preferred hosting platform
4. Atomizing Videos
For example, you created a long-form video for your brand’s YouTube channel. With atomization, you can extract parts of this video and post them on other platforms, like TikTok, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
You can turn your video content into:
- Audio and upload it as a podcast
- A blog post through transcribing and a bit of editing
- Short-form videos for Snapchat, TikTok, Facebook stories, and Instagram stories
- A carousel post highlighting key takeaways
- A teaser that directs viewers to the original video
With video atomization, marketers can save money, time, and effort by making one video and using it to create other forms of content for different platforms instead of creating new content from scratch.
5. Educational Videos
Educational videos, sometimes called how-to and instructional videos, are an easy and fun way to interact with your audience. Educational videos help your audience, and potential customers understand how your products and services are used and how they can benefit.
Videos help people retain information better than text by providing a visual experience that’s entertaining, engaging, and educational, with viewers retaining 95% of a video.
Before recording your educational video, be sure to:
- Make a plan on the scope and what to share.
- Craft the script if you will be creating an animated how-to video. A live-action how-to can also benefit from the direction of a video script.
- Keep the video focused on a single product or service.
- Identify burning questions prospects have about the product/service and address them in your how-to video.
How-to videos make you appear as the expert with the solution to your audience’s pain points, making your prospects feel valued. It’s a great way to build brand trust and loyalty by providing value to your viewers.
If you are interested in generating more traffic, increasing brand awareness, and increasing sales, try incorporating these video marketing trends into your marketing strategy. They will help set your business up for success and get ahead of the competition.