After combing the internet, I’ve compiled a list of the best tips for building traffic with StumbleUpon:
1) Clean Up Your Website
- Use bold, high-quality graphics to captivate viewers.
- Organize your site’s layout so everything is clear & easy to navigate.
- Never have pop-ups, intrusive ads or automatic videos – they guarantee quick exits! (No “Subscribe to this” pop-ups either!)
2) Be Selective
- Better content means more visits, likes & shares.
- Tutorials, images, lists, infographics & videos are always popular.
- Use compelling titles. While content is vital, headlines are often the first things people see. Some of the best titles are humorous, shocking, unusual or even controversial.
Keep in mind that people often stumble with their mouse hovering over the Stumble button. You only have an instant to grab attention, so make it count!
3) Lay a Foundation
- Brand your username and profile in line with your website so people will recognize you.
- Add a good profile picture and write your bio thoughtfully. Think of your profile as another blog.
- Select your interests. These help users connect and understand what you’re all about.
4) Build a Presence
- Follow users with similar interests; they will often follow you back.
- Join StumbleUpon Groups; they can help you find followers.
- Pay attention to who follows your followers. The more followers they have, the greater exposure you get.
- Share your stumbles with friends and followers. If you want to share a Stumble with someone you follow, always send a message via StumbleUpon. They will be more likely to follow you back and like your Stumbles.
Friends are more likely to like and share your content than strangers. Moderation is key! Over-sharing can lead to users blocking you.
5) Cement Lasting Relationships
- Click on your StumbleUpon toolbar to see “People who like this.”
- Users who have liked or commented on your post have the potential to become loyal readers.
- Take time to thank users for Stumbling and consider following them.
- Return the favor: leave meaningful comments on Stumbled pages.
6) More Tips
- Add a StumbleUpon badge to your website.
- Use su.pr to shorten links and have the ability to simultaneously publish articles to StumbleUpon, Facebook and Twitter.
- Look into StumbleUpon Paid Discovery if you have a budget.
If you aren’t Stumbling yet, I highly recommend it for business & pleasure! How do you get the most out of StumbleUpon?
Are you ready for a smarter way to engage with your customers?
Benchmark helps you do email marketing the practical way. Create an ongoing relationship with your subscribers that leads to increased sales and happier customers.