Mar 04 2013, 03:00 AM by Andy Shore
I’m sure all of you have been there. That frame of mind when there’s a vacation at the end of a long week and all you can focus on is making it to the end. Well, today after work I leave for Las Vegas. I’m meeting my cousin, who lives in Chicago, for a weekend of celebrating some personal success for the both of us. This week’s playlist includes songs that make me think of Vegas.
- “Bright Lights Bigger City” - Cee Lo Green: Cue this up right when you pull onto the Strip. It’s perfect.
- “Joker And The Thief” - Wolfmother: Most people in Vegas fall into one (or both) of these categories.
- “Right Round” - Flo Rida feat. Ke$ha: You can’t really go to Vegas anymore without someone making The Hangover references. Consider this mine.
- “Money Make Her Smile” - Bruno Mars: It’s a good song that fits in this playlist.
- “Tumbling Dice” - The Rolling Stones: Exile on Main St. is one of my top five favorite albums of all time, so I’ll jump at any possible tie in.
- “Alcohol” - Barenaked Ladies: It’s what fuels most weekends in Vegas.
- “A Little Less Conversation” - Elvis Presley: This was the theme song for Las Vegas the TV show.
- “Luck Be A Lady” - Frank Sinatra: Self explanatory.
- “Rocket Man (I Think It’s Going To Be a Long Long Time)” - Elton John: My parents took me to Vegas to celebrate my 21st birthday and we saw Elton John. I spent the rest of the night drunkenly singing this at the blackjack tables. I’m sure the dealers loved me.
- “Honey” - The Hush Sound: No connection to Vegas, other than I am seeing them when I get back to LA on Sunday.
Posted in Tips & Resources, Entertainment