Email marketing is a critical tool for marketers. It’s a way to reach out to customers, build relationships, and drive sales. But crafting great emails can be time-consuming, and if you’re not careful, it can quickly become a code-heavy nightmare.
That’s where Benchmark Email comes in. Our easy-to-use platform makes email creation quick and simple, so you can focus on what’s important–your message. Plus, our drag-and-drop editor and pre-made templates make creating beautiful, responsive emails wonderfully intuitive.
Let’s take a look at how you can start creating successful emails in under 10 minutes with just a few steps.
The Power of Benchmark Email’s Smart Content
Like most people, you probably spend a lot of time agonizing over crafting the perfect email. But what if there was a way to write an email in minutes without sacrificing quality or effectiveness? Enter Benchmark Email’s Smart Content feature.
With smart content, you can quickly get over the anxiety of a blank page and get into the exciting part, crafting your email copy. It also helps you do more with your best-performing email campaigns. Simply use Smart Content to regenerate the content from those emails to create unique and snappy content for new email campaigns.
If you don’t know what creative angle to take, use the feature to get fresh ideas that you can build on without worrying about how to structure your email or which creative angle to follow.
Plus, with Smart Content, you can save yourself hours by not having to manually create separate versions of your emails for different segments of your list. Instead, all you need to do is create one master email copy and use the smart content feature to regenerate new content that speaks to the audience in each segment of your list.
Using Benchmark Email’s Drag and Drop Editor to Create an Email Quickly
Putting your email together is a breeze with our Drag and Drop editor. You can customize each section of your email to fit your company’s brand perfectly, choose from a selection of pre-designed templates, or simply start from scratch. The possibilities are endless!
To get started,
- Log in to your Benchmark Email account.
- Move to the dashboard menu. Click the “emails” tab and select “emails.”
- Next, click on the “create new email” tab. Select “regular email,” then click “next.”
- Choose the “drag and drop editor,” then click “next.”
- Enter a name for the email you are about to create. This name will only be visible to you–not your recipients. Then click “next” to begin designing your email.
- Go to “layouts” to browse pre-designed email layouts that you can customize. Here you can add or delete sections, move the blocks around, or add new blocks as needed. Change the background color of each section and block from the “global styles” tab. You can also change the font style and add images to your design. This is also where you can utilize our Smart Content feature to craft your copy. Once you are satisfied with the design, click on “save and next” to move on to other items on the email creation checklist.
- Select the contact list you want the email to go to in the “To” section and click “save.” This takes you to the “From” section.
- On the “From” section, choose a “From Name” that your audience will recognize and add a different reply email if you wish, then click “save.”
- The next step is to enter a subject line for your email. You can get subject line suggestions by clicking on the light bulb on the right, and you can turn on A/B testing by toggling the A/B test button. Click save, and it takes you to Link Tracking and Sharing.
- If you want to track your emails, click on edit and set up your tracking options and the auto-sharing options if you would like the email to auto-share to some of your social pages and communities.
Now that you’ve checked everything on the list, you can send your email out. You have the option to send it immediately or schedule your email. You can also send a test email first to be sure everything is as it should be before sending it to your subscribers. Congratulations on writing an email in minutes!
The 10-Minute Email Checklist
- Keep it short. Emails should be concise and to the point. If you can say what you need to in one or two sentences, even better.
- Get straight to the point. Don’t waste time with small talk or pleasantries. State the main point of your email first and then flesh it out with details if necessary.
- Use simple language. Avoid jargon, acronyms, and long words. Stick to language that everyone can understand.
- Proofread carefully. A single typo can make an email look unprofessional, so take the time to read your message over before hitting send.
- Edit later. Once you’re done writing, remove superfluous words or phrases that don’t contribute to the overall message before hitting send. But don’t spend more than a few minutes editing, or you’ll never get the email out.
You now know the steps to take to write an email in 10 minutes. There’s no excuse not to get started on your next one right away. By following these simple steps in Benchmark Email, you’ll be able to save time and still communicate effectively with your contacts. What are you waiting for? Start creating emails with Benchmark Email!
Are you ready for a smarter way to engage with your customers?
Benchmark helps you do email marketing the practical way. Create an ongoing relationship with your subscribers that leads to increased sales and happier customers.