This time of year, everyone takes an inventory of the things for which that have to be thankful. Many are braving the grocery store crowds to get supplies to fulfil their favorite Thanksgiving recipes. Others anxiously await the arrival of their loved ones. However, there’s also that section of the population gearing up to sit out in the cold, in long lines, hours (or days) before stores open up for their Black Friday bonanzas. The slightly smarter ones wait and enjoy the savings that Cyber Monday has to offer from the comfort of their own couch.
We polled our subscribers to ask if they planned to run promotions for Black Friday, Cyber Monday, both or neither. Rather than using the Benchmark Polls & Surveys tools, we used our email marketing reports to run the survey. By monitoring the links clicked, we received the answers to the question we were asking. Without further adieu, here are the results from our survey:
- 32.7% said they were doing both Black Friday & Cyber Monday sales
- 31% said they were running a Black Friday promotion
- 17.7% said they would have Cyber Monday special offers
Here’s some other stats from Google to remember as you’re running your holiday promotions:
- 30% of all online shopping purchases occur on mobile phones.
- Searches related to shopping have grown more than 120% year-over-year.
- 32% of shoppers say they plan to use online video more this year for holiday purchases.
Are you ready for a smarter way to engage with your customers?
Benchmark helps you do email marketing the practical way. Create an ongoing relationship with your subscribers that leads to increased sales and happier customers.